It looks like my local Catholic community has set its reading list for Fall 2013 and sure enough it’s non-other than Chesterton’s masterpiece: Orthodoxy. I have read this book at least three times and it continues to surprise me on each re-reading. Getting the chance to hear others opinions on it will be a singular treat.
I am particularly looking forward to blogging about the group reaction to Orthodoxy. Considering my strong opinions about Chesterton’s work, it will be a great opportunity to see if neophytes have similar reactions. Who knows, perhaps this blog might serve as an online forum so that others, not in Seattle , can participate in our discussion.
The Archives for each of the orthodoxy blog posts organized by their respective chapters:
- Chapters 1- 2 : “In Defense of Everything Else” and “The Maniac”
- Chapter 3 : “The Suicide of Thought”
- Chapter 4 : “The Ethics of Elfland”
- Chapter 5 : “The Flag of the World”
- Chapter 6 : “The Paradoxes of Christianity”
- Chapter 7 : “The Eternal Revolution”
- Chapter 8 : “The Romance of Orthodoxy”
- Chapter 9 : “Authority and the Adventurer”